Director Of Nursing
Texas Lutheran University invites applications for a full-time, 12-month position as Director of Nursing. The successful candidate will serve as chair and administrator of the Nursing program and will be responsible for providing visionary leadership and administrative oversight of all aspects of the university’s BSN program. The Director will report to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and begin duties in January 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure continuing approval by the Texas Board of Nursing and accreditation by the AACN-CCNE
- Recruit, develop, verify, and maintain qualified faculty and staff
- Maintain effective administrative organization and operations for the Nursing program
- Implement policies to ensure successful recruitment, progression, and graduation of students, and licensing of graduates
- Ensure the availability of student clinical practicum rotations, simulation labs, and preceptorships based on curriculum and student learning needs
- Plan, develop and implement comprehensive evaluation and assessment plans for the nursing program, including its personnel, component organization and operations, and curriculum
- Represent the Nursing program in the community and serve as liaison to community health care facilities, resources, and to other nursing programs
- Work with appropriate University offices to acquire grants, gifts, and other resources for the Nursing program
- Engage with a culturally diverse student body to identify needs and support programs that enhance the TLU student experience
- Current license or privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas
- Earned master’s degree in Nursing and an earned doctoral degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in a transformational and transparent leadership role within a nursing program
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching in a baccalaureate nursing program
- Demonstrated clinical expertise in one or more specialty areas of nursing
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the program mission, vision, values, and program outcomes
- Affirmation of the mission of Texas Lutheran University, a nationally recognized institution of the liberal arts and sciences in the Lutheran tradition (ELCA)
- Understanding of and appreciation for a church-related university
Requirements for the position include:
Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working within the rules, laws, and regulations relating to BSN programs in Texas.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are competitive and comply with the Department of Labor standards which go into effect on January 1, 2020. Benefits also include:
Semi-furnished two bedroom apartment in college residence hall (internet & WiFi, cable, and utilities included along with washer/dryer unit and dishwasher in apartment).
Professional development support provided.
Position Application Information:
TLU, an accredited university affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, is located 35 miles from downtown San Antonio.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a TLU application, resume, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three professional references to:
Texas Lutheran University
1000 W. Court Street
Seguin, Texas 78155
Fax: (830) 372-6409
Email: [email protected]
A TLU application is mandatory for all applicants. Position will remain open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.