Surgery Service Representative (Plantation)
Job location: Plantation, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-10
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- The University of Miami Bascom Palmer Eye Institute has an exciting opportunity for a Surgery Service Representative.
- Creates and maintains daily schedule and complete edits in a timely manner.
- Completes all necessary paperwork prior to pre-op appointments including updating the surgery log immediately after confirming surgery with patients.
- Monitors cancellation of physician surgical schedules.
- Coordinate pre-op testing with outside medical doctors i.e., blood work, EKG, and medical clearance in a timely manner.
- Follows-up with medical doctor’s office and internal imaging techs to ensure that all the pre-op results are back in a timely manner to ensure timely procedure starts.
- Counsel patients for surgery including signing appropriate consents, giving pre-operative prescription instructions, and informing the patient regarding activities that will take place during his/her visit and provide patient pamphlets to the appropriate surgical facility.
- Order tissue from eye bank, and enter information in Ariba system for approval from buyer in Miami facility.
- Schedule with patient all appointments related to surgical planning.
- Correspondence with the Miami surgical center related to surgical planning.
- Adheres to system policies and procedures concerning the registration process.
- Informs patients of their financial responsibility when appropriate (self-pay patients, non-contracted insurance coverage, etc.)
- Maintains effective communication with patients, physicians, staff members, and community physicians and their staff.
- Schedule surgical patients for transportation to surgical facility, and coordinate schedule with transportation department.
- Insurance verification
- Handle all phone calls related to surgical scheduling.
- Preparation of final surgical schedule for each surgery day.
- Meet with IOL representatives to obtain information for physicians
High School Diploma or equivalent,
Two years of progressive secretarial experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102