Supervisor, Nursing - Clinical Translation Research
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-10
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami Clinical Translation Research Site has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, Nursing. The Supervisor, Nursing oversees and coordinates the activities of nursing personnel in patient care units, participating in planning work of assigned units, and orchestrates department’s activities with other patient care units and related departments. Moreover, the incumbent ensures that patients' needs are met and evaluates unit nursing care and performance.Works with leadership to determine the optimal allocation of staff, per shift and on each unit. Serves as administrative authority for the smooth functioning of all units on assigned shift. Notifies administrator, associate administrator, nurse manager or other relevant staff of urgent concerns during the shift. Receives employee, resident, and family grievances, and refers information to appropriate supervising staff. Completes evaluations for employees on shift. Recommends establishment or revisions of policies, and develops organizational structure and standards of performance to ensure legal compliance and high quality standards. Assists with annual budget preparation by identifying supply and equipment. Reviews schedule to assure that staffing is in place. Makes rounds on operational clinical units to supervise and monitor work performance in terms of patient care, staff regulations, and effective service. Maintains a high level of familiarity with systems that support clinical and business functionality. Provides leadership in building loyalty and commitment throughout the department. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
- Act as liaison between Clinical Translational Research Site and study participants, Investigators and/or study personnel.
- Manages unit schedule, assigns appropriate research studies to staff members
- Utilizes visit tracking, project tracking and patient tracking projects in Redcap; appropriately enters information.
- Maintains medication inventory, orders appropriately
- Reads through IRB protocols and creates Nursing Flowsheets and Physician Treatment Orders.
- Coordinates with study coordinators Site Initiation Visits and In-services for new studies.
- Manages staff schedules
- Oversee laboratory operations at both locations: UHT and CRB
- Responsible for quality control and assurance within laboratory
- Assisting with monitoring visits and FDA audits.
- Advises on technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and maintains conformance with specific operational standards; evaluates and recommends new techniques and/or technologies.
- Assures that the CTRS staff are properly trained in standard operating procedures and equipment specific requirements.
- Assists in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations.
- Recruit & supervise CTRS staff
- Precepts new employees.
- Performs employees' performance evaluations, provide support to the CTRS team members as needed.
- Conduct individual and team meetings to develop skills and solve problems between other team members.
- Assist/ provide support to the UM study teams with queries and problems resolution.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and crisis management when problems arise, which may require nursing services after the hours of operations (example: 12 hours pharmacokinetic studies).Communicates project goals with the team, monitors project progress, and adjusts resources as necessary to keep the project on track.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, BSN required
Certification and Licensing:
Valid Florida Registered Nurse Licensing (RN), BLS certifications
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:n8