Work-Study Student Assistant
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Work-Study Student AssistantDepartment:
DAL-Office of the President-500000Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
We invite you to engage with us as we empower, transform and strengthen the lives of our students. UNT Dallas helps students become more effective and efficient learners by developing the skills, behaviors, and attitudes that allow them to achieve academic success.Position Summary:
Student employees assigned to this classification work under general supervision. This means that definite work objectives are set for the employee but methods of performing the tasks are frequently left to the judgment of the employee with occasional instruction or advice provided by the supervisor. The frequency of review by the supervisor depends on the difficulty and complexity of the assignment or on the impact or result of the work performed. While the supervisor is again responsible for the general assignment of work, less control may be exercised over the flow for work and instructions given may be more general in nature. The employee is responsible for the results of the work. Jobs assigned to this level usually require some previous experience, education, or specialized skill.
Provide support to the Distinguished Leader in Residence that includes but is not limited to:
-Assist in launching the Center for Socioeconomic Mobility through Education
- Research in the areas of socioeconomic mobility, law, criminal justice, economic development, public policy, and race and equity;
- Writing and drafting memos;
- Creating and managing files/folders; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas or UNT Dallas College of Law student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Must qualify as work-study eligible.
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
-Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Familiarity with university procedures
- Experience with security sensitive information
Monday-Friday between the hours of 10am-6pm. Flexibility in hours is available.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu085HPSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Must provide financial aid summary reportQuicklink for Posting: