Administrative Coordinator I
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-10
Job TitleAdministrative Coordinator IAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentExtended UniversityProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
*****THE POSITION IS LOCATED IN FRISCO, TX****
The Administrative Coordinator I works under general supervision and provides administrative support for a the University include the exercise of discretion and independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the planning and execution of administrative operations. May serve as the office manager. Monitors office procedures. Develops, evaluates, and ensures adherence to office procedures.
- Actively engages in the recruiting efforts of the University by managing student inquiries, scheduling campus tours, sharing admission requirements and reviewing degree guides.
- Analyzes requirements for projects or initiatives. Provides technical information regarding administrative procedures, services, or programs.
- Formulates affects, interprets, and/or implements management policies or operating practices. Develops administrative and technical procedures. Researches, interprets, compiles, and responds to inquiries about rules, regulations, policies and procedures. May monitor compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs special analyses and project summaries. Supervises the creation, maintenance, and retention of office files and records.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares itineraries. Coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events and may provide on-site support.
- Hires, trains and supervises student workers and support staff.
- Provides support to department management in respect to schedules, committee membership administration, and staff meeting oversight.
- Manages departmental invoice procedures and practices.
- Provides direct support to the department director for council, committee, and group memberships.
- Promotes communication between the department and campus, system, local, and regional agencies and/or departments.
- Coordinates and organizes location classrooms and facilities (properly assign rooms for distance education sections, computer labs, etc.).
- Assists with classroom scheduling and works closely with department chairs (work closely with Registrars’ office to ensure space is adequate for the class enrollment.)
- Provide student services assistance such as (issue student identification cards; proctor exams; organize professional networking events).
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. May require flexible work schedule beyond normal hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm and may include weekend hours as appropriate.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Degree Preferred. Proficiency with FAMIS/CANOPY, HRIS systems, and BANNER. Administrative support experience within an academic unit/division in higher education.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student workers and graduate students.
*****THE POSITION IS LOCATED IN FRISCO, TX****
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.