Communications and Operations Administrator
Communications and Operations Administrator🔍Vice Provost for Graduate Education, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Nov 09, 2020 Post Date📅87732 Requisition #The Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education is a dynamic and fast-paced team that delivers programs to Stanford’s 9,000+ graduate students and 3,000+ postdoctoral scholars. The office works collaboratively across the university, with schools and other VP areas, to enhance the graduate educational experience. The VPGE supports programs, administration and service to the university community and graduate students in five portfolio areas: fellowships and funding, professional development, diversity and inclusion, interdisciplinary learning and academic guidance.Job Purpose In this rewarding position, you will contribute to the vision, strategy, and goals of the Office of the VPGE. Under the direction of the Associate Vice Provost, you will provide complex administrative and operational support to the Vice Provost and senior VPGE staff with minimal supervision. Responsibilities include composing communications for the Vice Provost of Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs and senior VPGE staff, such as correspondence, proposals, presentations, stewardship and award letters, and content for websites, and coordinating communications with other departments. You will manage the limited award process and workflow with School Dean’s Office staff to announce, collect and submit nominations for University-wide external awards while managing the data collection and reporting; and manage requests for funding and sponsorship from faculty and other campus partners. You will also provide human resources administrative support, acting as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, coordinating staff hiring searches, and serving as a resource to staﬀ and faculty on human resources policies, procedures, and practices. You will also understand graduate academic policies and will support the Vice Provost and senior staff in overseeing and implementing university policies.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or vice provost with regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Research and/or write background information for meetings.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations and reports; perform substantial research editing and fact checking.
- Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various VPGE and university documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling and organizing limited award review committee meetings, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing within budget.
- Oversee various funding request processes utilizing online application tools; draft correspondence and manage the collection of data during and after the process.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) without prior consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and may arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems. Make recommendations based on reports. Maintain data regarding nomination processes.
- Analyze and review material and extract pertinent information for briefing purposes.
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, eﬀectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staﬀ, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staﬀ.
- Perform administrative duties that support the role of the Vice Provost and senior staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects with minimal supervision.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4104
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87732