Director of Research and Partnerships Stanford Center for Racial Justice
Director of Research and Partnerships Stanford Center for Racial Justice🔍School of Law, Stanford, California, United States📁Research📅Nov 10, 2020 Post Date📅87743 Requisition #About the CenterThe SCRJ aims to become a preeminent academic venue for producing and disseminating research, and developing leaders, to advance policy and practice in furtherance of racial justice. The Center will undertake research in conjunction with a wide array of partners within Stanford (including faculty from various schools, and other centers) and outside of Stanford (including federal, state or local government entities, nonprofit organizations, and corporations). Research projects will provide opportunities for participation by law students and potentially students from other parts of the University. Areas of research and policy reform focus will include criminal justice, economic justice, and educational equity. The SCRJ will deploy different tools and strategies to advance its mission, including regulatory and policy reform, technology and innovative approaches, as well as assess legal challenges and law reform. Job Description Reporting to the Executive Director of the SCRJ, the Director of Research and Partnerships (DRP) will work closely with the Center’s Faculty Director, as well as with Center and law school staff and students to identify and undertake policy relevant race-related research. The DRP will also manage a wide array of on-going partnerships both internal and external to Stanford. The DRP will have some responsibility for the dissemination and promotion of research findings and policy proposals to relevant users. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and administer research activities by evaluating the centers programs, making recommendations that impact new and existing programs and by developing new research projects related to the center’s priority issue areas. Use research to inform policy reform initiatives and law student programs. Produce original work in furtherance of the mission of the Center.
- Collect and analyze social science reports and data, legal/case law research, conduct literature reviews and interviews to formulate and evaluate recommendations to achieve the goals of the center. Assist in the creation of reports and presentations for funders and partners including writing, proofreading, and editing.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings.
- Work independently or with the Center Faculty Director & Executive Director to design syllabus and curriculum for policy practicum or other courses addressing issue related to racial justice.
- Represent the Center as a key contact and subject matter expert, develop and maintain new partnership relationships and joint projects with other academic units at Stanford, other universities and external partners.
- Develop communications contributing original content to SCRJ online toolkits, websites, and social media channels.
- J.D. required and at least two yeas of relevant experience as an attorney involved with racial justice and civil rights/and or engaging in research related to systems, policy, and other analysis that evaluates racial disparities and identifies options to address racial injustice.
- Demonstrated oral, written, and analytical skills, exhibiting fluency in racial justice and civil rights.
- Ability to manage/oversee/provide basic direction to student employees.
- Commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion within the workplace, in program development, and in teaching.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Conscientious, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Experience working with, teaching, or mentoring students from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in journalism, social media, and other mass communications.
- Experience with computer programming and Web design.
- Interest in education, economic equity, criminal justice, and related areas.
- Knowledge of other cultures.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4111
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87743