Program Director, Stanford Center for Racial Justice
Program Director, Stanford Center for Racial Justice 🔍School of Law, Stanford, California, United States📁Administration📅Nov 10, 2020 Post Date📅87744 Requisition #(Full-time, Academic Programs)About the Center The mission of Stanford’s Center for Racial Justice is to bring diverse stakeholders together to produce research and develop leaders in furtherance of racial justice. Through a combination of teaching, research, and co-curricular student programming, the Center will identify and pursue policy reforms that address discrimination and subordination, while supporting the next generation of leaders for the field and the academy. Job Description Stanford Law School is seeking a committed program director (ideally a racial justice lawyer) to help launch this new Center, who understands the important and exciting opportunity of leveraging the resources of our school and Stanford University, to address emerging and entrenched issues of racial subordination, while training students, lawyers, and academics who will be prepared to advance racial justice. Working with the Faculty and Executive Directors of the SCRJ, the Program Director of the Center will:
- Identify objectives, make recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assign resources to achieve the goals of Center programs.
- Independently implement, administer and evaluate a new diversity pipeline program for historically underrepresented, low income, and first-generation undergraduates to gain entry to law school.
- Develop and provide programs and training that support student interest in addressing racism and discrimination, such as workshops, speaker series, and symposia.
- Design and implement programming that increases the capacity of students, alumni, and others to advance diversity in the legal profession.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures for program or function.
- Represent Center as the key contact and subject matter expert within the school and externally to stakeholders and constituents by:
- Engaging with SLS alumni working to advance racial justice.
- Developing and supporting a network of potential partner racial justice organizations, policy makers, and academics in the field.
- Partnering with other law school and university programs, centers, and offices to coordinate support for SLS students and alumni.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to advance the Center mission with a variety of stakeholders, including students, alumni, practitioners, faculty, staff, and university leadership, and in a breadth of fora, including making presentations, drafting reports, and developing messaging for social media.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team to move forward strategic plans and new programs.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and relationships with organizations and agencies that impact and advance racial justice.
- Experience in program development and implementation as well as event planning.
- Excitement about and prior experience working with and/or teaching adult learners
- Capacity to apply or willingness to develop a racial equity lens for program development.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://www.law.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87744