Biostatistician 2🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅Nov 10, 2020 Post Date📅87748 Requisition #Stanford University’s Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking and professional Biostatistician 2 to join their collaborative team in Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics. The Division has an outstanding record of scientific investigation: from early pregnancy and placentation studies to prenatal diagnosis and fetal therapy research, to clinical trials and cohort studies covering a broad spectrum of maternal-fetal and obstetrical complications. The primary role of this position is to provide statistical support and guidance in the Maternal-Fetal Medicine/Obstetrics Division, work with senior biostatistician to implement analysis plans and publish findings. The successful candidate gets to work on wide variety of collaborative projects advancing the maternal and child health.
More information about the Department: https://obgyn.stanford.edu/
- Design study.
- Develop and implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Select appropriate statistical tools for addressing a given research question.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Consult with investigators on appropriate statistical approaches to data analyses; assist in study design and proposal development.
- Mentor collaborators in areas of experimental design, quality control, and statistical analysis
- Develop oral and written dissemination of findings for conference presentations and peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Oversee lower-level staff on issues related to quality control and creation of analysis files.
- Prior experience and interest in the field of perinatal and reproductive health and health equity
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field and at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience with multiple statistical programming languages such as SAS and R.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in statistical methodology, such as missing data and longitudinal data analysis.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business cycle needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5522
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Department URL: http://obgyn.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 87748