Part-Time Hourly Instructor
Part-Time Hourly InstructorStatus of Position:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time hourly instructor to teach technical math for customized training. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population in basic concepts of math as part of employee training.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Instruct students in the basics concepts of technical math.
2. Knowledge of manufacturing industry preferred.
3. Instructional/Training experience required.
4. Plan for instructional activities supporting curriculum.
5. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the training program.
6. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
7. Submit and maintain accurate records of attendance.
8. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
2. Instructional/Training experience.
3. Strong technical math skills.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associates Degree
2. Experience teaching, especially at the community college level.
3. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
4. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
Various 5 – 6 week part-time assigmentPosting Date:
11/10/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.