Social Media & Video Specialist
Social Media & Video Specialist
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for executing day-to-day social media outreach to engage with UToledo students, faculty, staff, patients, prospective students, alumni and the general public. The Social Media Specialist will work to drive content strategy through a content calendar that will promote enrollment, engagement and affinity toward the University.
Under the direction of the Associate Director for Social Media and the Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communications, the Social Media Specialist speaks through social media to individuals and large communities on behalf of the University.
The position should have current skills on all social media platforms and be proficient in using those platforms for digital marketing and communications.
The Social Media Specialist must have the discretion and discipline to respond professionally in various media often filled with emotion and provocateurs. They must know when to elevate an issue on social media to UToledo leaders for a response and, under the direction of the Associate Director, provide UToledo officials advice on the best ways to engage in social media conversations.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, graphic design or digital communications. Demonstrated experience in social media technologies, platforms and an understanding of the unique strategic uses of each.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating news and information — including complex scientific, medical and research subjects — to a layperson audience.
- Strong writing skills ranging from video scripts and news stories to tweets and headline writing.
- Demonstrated expertise with short video creation often on quick timelines
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud products, specifically Premiere and After Effects
- At least 3 years’ experience in social media marketing
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the people so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.The University of Toledo is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. The University of Toledo does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, disability, familial status, or political affiliation. The University of Toledo provides reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation to complete this application, or for testing or interviewing, please contact the Human Resources Department at 419-530-4747 between the hours of 8:30AM and 5:00PM or apply online for an accommodation request.Computer access is available at most public libraries and at the Office of Human Resources located in the Center for Administrative Support on the Main Campus of the University of Toledo, or at the satellite HR Office located at the Facilities Services Building, Suite 1000 on the Health Science Campus.