Post Graduate Counseling Fellowships
Post Graduate Counseling Fellowships
Posting Number: S01485
Post Graduate Counseling Fellowship positions offer advanced clinical training in brief psychotherapy and counseling, crisis intervention, and college community consultation. Post graduate counseling positions are open to applicants with a master degree in counseling, social work, or psychology. This experience also provides post graduation clinical supervision with expectation to complete licensure requirements.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
This is a full-time, 12 month position. The position is renewable yearly for three years maximum. The Post-graduate counseling training experience requires participants to be involved in the full development of specialized skills in areas that relate to college counseling center work. While there are required activities (individual & Group counseling, intake assessments, and psychiatric referrals, community consultation), participants have the opportunity to work with a clinical supervisor in an area of professional interest.
- Provides psychological counseling and crisis intervention for students.
- Maintains case notes and other documentation according to best practices and counseling policies.
- Works collaboratively with others, including multidisciplinary mental health and College medical staff, deans and student life staff.
- Demonstrates experience and expertise in cross-cultural and multicultural individual, group counseling and outreach.
- Receives clinical and administrative support from Counseling director.
- Collaborates with Counseling Services of Addison County as necessary for continuity of care.
- Attends consultation meetings with other departments as needed.
- Trains and supports residential life staff, faculty and others as needed.
- Reviews and recommends appropriate assessment instruments and other clinical interventions and mental health programs for students.
- Must handle confidential information appropriately.
- Maintains highest ethical standards according to Vermont statutes and standards in the mental health professions.
- Participates in weekly supervision (individual and group) working towards the appropriate state licensing and/or certifications to practice in Vermont.
- Performs related responsibilities as necessary to properly assess and counsel students.
M.A., M.S., M.S.W., Ed,D, or Ph.D.in clinical field. Formal graduate training in counseling, social work, or psychology. Demonstrated skills and experience in multi-cultural counseling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must maintain and update knowledge of current counseling theories, multicultural and social justice informed practices, ethical and professional license and/or certificates. Competency with office suite and computers.
Complete required graduate training practicum and internship requirements.
Appropriate for office work and college campus activities.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/22429
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency