Assistant Coach - Football
Assistant Coach - Football
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5565
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
Position Summary: The Assistant Football Coach will assist the Head Football Coach in managing all aspects of the intercollegiate, varsity football program.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Assists the Head Football Coach in managing all aspects of the intercollegiate, varsity football program with responsibility for the offensive game plan; trains, and conditions student athletes; plans and executes practice; breakdown evaluate game and practice video; actively engages in all phases of recruitment of prospective student-athletes including phone calls, visits to high schools and homes of prospects, organization and conduct of campus visits; works closely with student-athletes to monitor academic progress and ensure students are contributing positively to the campus community; assists in the management of the football office; administers and manages all aspects of travel and facility issues pertaining to football office; ensures compliance with university policies and applicable laws and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned which may include teaching physical education classes and/or assisting with an administrative function of the department.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of related experience are required. Related education may substitute for up to two years of experience.
- Demonstrated coaching ability; proficiency in the tactical and technical aspects of collegiate football.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, management, and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated level of high ethical conduct.
- Strong computer and video technology experience
- Understanding of and adherence to institutional, conference, and NCAA rules and policies; and knowledge of and commitment to the role of intercollegiate athletics in an academically-oriented liberal arts institution.
- Ability to use data analysis to meet recruiting class needs. Proficient in databases to be able to use data across software platforms.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
- Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency