Teaching Professional - Golf
Teaching Professional - Golf
Job ID: 221609
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Teaching Professional will assist with the development and implementation of the golf instruction program at the facility and target such programming at adults and junior customers. This position will provide professional instruction including private golf lessons, group clinics and assist with the marketing of new and existing player development programs to the facility's customers and to the community. The Teaching Professional will support the day to day operations of the golf course as necessary.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Implements and executes all facets of the golf instruction program
- Researches and incorporates state of the art teaching methods
- Custom fits all types of clubs to individual specifications
- Develops, organizes, and implements a junior program; tournaments, PGA Junior League Golf, summer program, individual lessons, rules and etiquette
- Assists with the development of programming designed to attract new and existing golfers
- Assists with the implementation of a men's and women's instructional program; clinics and team clinics, individual lessons, rules and etiquette
- Gives personal instruction when not engaged in other aspects of the golf instruction program
- Responsible for accurate recordkeeping of all lesson data including but not limited to bookings, lessons given and remuneration
- Reports on instruction program data on a regular basis
- Monitors training aids, video equipment, launch monitors, etc. to ensure all are up-to-date and in good working order
- Utilizes the resources of PGA player development programs such as Get Golf Ready, PGA Sports Academy, Tee it Forward and others
- Assists with the day to day operations of the golf course as needed
- Assists with the development, implementation, and management of internally & externally sponsored tournaments
- Markets & promotes the programs and services the golf course has to offer
- Provides support and assistance with athletic donor relations & and selected efforts for the advancement of foundation initiatives
- Engages in donor cultivation initiatives
- Associate degree
- One (1) or more years related experience
- Supervisory experience
- PGA of America membership in good standing
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- PGA Class A Membership
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in marketing and promotion
- Competitive golf playing experience
- Experience in retail business
- Experience utilizing current technology in the instruction of golf
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Maintain PGA of America membership in good standing in an active classification
- Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees
- Self-motivated with desire to promote and market
- Maintain and promote a positive professional image within the community
- Attend conferences, workshops, meetings, and trade shows to keep abreast of marketing and business trends
- Maintain a credible golf game and remain current on teaching innovations
- Remain up-to-date on customer relationship management tactics and strategies
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf facility operations and tournament operations
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Fundamental supervisory practices and principles
- Experienced computer user including; Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in other applications, i.e. email, internet, tournament and database
Apply Before Date
November 30, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to swing a golf club and/or play the game of golf.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Standard and Education
3130165 - CRI University Park
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221609&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency