Associate Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management
Associate Vice President for Enterprise Risk ManagementInsurance/Risk Management
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Office of Enterprise Risk Services leads the University in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety, Insurance, Occupational Health Surveillance, Worker's Compensation and University Administrative Policies. The Associate Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management (AVP) will be responsible for setting the strategic risk management vision and will execute the strategy on the University's behalf using exceptional leadership and management skills.Reporting to the Deputy Chief Operating Officer, the AVP is responsible for overseeing the administration of the University's insurance and enterprise risk management program and for managing all aspects of the department on a daily basis. This will include assisting in placing new and renewing existing lines of insurance; to grow and preserve University assets; coordinate claims activity with University stakeholders, risk manager, general counsel and insurance providers. The AVP will also develop a university-wide strategic insurance and enterprise risk management plan, coordinate policies, procedures and training programs in insurance and loss prevention, and other trainings to mitigate exposure. This will include creating an institutional framework for risk management, prepare reports on safety, recovering damage expenses from insurance providers, and implementing controls for other university compliance related areas with the ultimate goal of efficiently protecting the university's assets and integrity. The AVP will oversee a staff of professional employees who provide a high level of customer service to the university constituency groups and will be familiar with applicable state and federal environmental regulations that apply in a university setting.Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide a systematic and disciplined approach to promoting risk compliance and best practices across all levels of the University;
- Responsible and accountable for overseeing the development, implementation, and fostering of a collaborative, campus-wide approach to ERM at the University;
- Promote the consistent use of risk management and ownership of risk at all levels of the institution through networking with departments and University employees to further safety and risk management objectives;
- Lead the institution's processes for identifying, analyzing, evaluating, responding to and controlling, monitoring, and reporting on key risk management issues;
- Identify and analyze the university's risk exposure to build a risk-aware culture, including appropriate education and training;
- Develop and direct insurance strategy and insurance procurement for the university;
- Develop consistent measures, policies, and procedures for delivery and communication of insurance and risk management services across the university and medical center.
- Bachelor's degree and five years of progressively responsible risk management experience in a complex environment with a demonstrated understanding of healthcare and/or higher education experience.
- Master's degree with professional certification in risk management or insurance (e.g. CIC, CISR, AIC, ARM, ARME or CRM)