Postdoctoral Research Associate
Search #: 494865
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Postdoctoral Research Associates
The Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity at the University of Connecticut invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position beginning in the Summer or Fall of 2021. The mission of the Rudd Center is to promote solutions to childhood obesity, poor diet, and weight bias through research and policy. This is a full time, annually renewable position with a maximum duration of 2 years.
This Postdoctoral Fellow will contribute to research on community-based nutrition interventions, food insecurity, the charitable food system, federal food programs, and the health care system under Dr. Marlene Schwartz. Responsibilities include writing scientific papers; quantitative and qualitative data collection; community engagement throughout the research process; data analyses; literature reviews; and grant writing.
For more information regarding the Rudd Center please visit the center’s website at www.uconnruddcenter.org
- Ph.D. in Public Health, Nutrition, Psychology, Public Policy, Human Development & Family Sciences, or a related field completed within the past 2 years
- Research experience in the area of food policy, nutrition, or obesity
- Strong analytical and statistical skills (e.g., multivariate analyses)
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strong community engagement skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Candidates whose demonstrated research interests intersect with those of supervising faculty
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, and STATA statistical software programs
- Experience with Nvivo or Dedoose qualitative analysis software
- Experience with collection and analysis of food and dietary data
- Experience with analysis of body mass index data
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience collecting data in community/school/health care settings
This is a full time, annually renewable position with a maximum duration of 2 years based in Hartford, CT.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494865 to upload a resume, cover letter, research statement and examples of recent publications, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on April 21, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 09 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Apr 21 2021 Eastern Daylight Time