Sponsor Funded Professional - Project Manager
Operating amid one of the nation’s greatest concentrations ofcourts, legislative bodies and government agencies, the Andrew Young School of PolicyStudies (AYSPS) brings the different lenses of public policy, socialwork, criminology and economics together into focus. Ranked among America’s top10 percent of public affairs graduate schools by U.S. News & World Report,the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies (AYSPS) is home to Georgia State’sdegree programs in economics, public management and administration, criminaljustice and criminology and social work. It also houses 11 major researchunits, including the new Urban Studies Institute. The Andrew Young Schoolworks to advance economic opportunity, human rights and social justice. Itstrengthens communities across the globe via policy research, scholarship,public engagement and the development of leaders. Located in downtown Atlanta,it is internationally recognized for its impact and influence on public policyand management issues that affect communities and local, state and nationalgovernments around the world.
The Sponsor Funded Professional - ProjectManager will manage and develop curriculum, experiential learning, and programdevelopment for the new interdisciplinary academic program, Public ServiceAcademy housed in the AYSPS. It is a 12-month position, funded for one-yearreporting to the Dean.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as curriculum development coordinator for the Public Service Academy and manages course scheduling and updates to curriculum and programming with appropriate units and faculty.
- Establish and maintain external partnerships for experiential learning.
- Provide direct assistance to the Dean on matters of "strategic decision making", personnel, budget in relation to the sponsor guidelines and agreement and in partnership with the College Research Officer, fundraising, managing administrator for the project, and intra-university relations.
- Supervises graduate assistants.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and policies in existence while assisting in the formulation of new policies within the unit.
- Serve as primary liaison to other units on campus including administrative and programmatic. Assists in event and meeting planning and establishing and maintaining project timeline.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and five years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit11/20/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 11/09/20, 9:50:47 AM