Academic and Tutoring Services Coordinator
Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code AAS-ATSC in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.Background Check
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
Job Details Title:Academic and Tutoring Services CoordinatorAnnounce date:11/09/2020Apply by date:11/23/2020Application status:Accepting ApplicationsPosition type: Full-time Salary:$42,197 per year Working Hours:
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour period exclusive of a ½ or 1 hour lunch over a 5 day work week. These hours will be agreed upon by the supervisor and the employee at the onset of employment.
Note: This position may require the employee to work one or two evenings per week depending upon the needs of the department. The employee may be required to work occasional Saturdays and the employee has the option to work these hours, in addition to or in lieu of regular hours.Position Summary:
This paraprofessional will coordinate and provide operational oversight for Tutoring Service areas as assigned. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling staff, providing training, evaluating tutoring activities and coordinating communications to promote services. In addition, the Coordinator will work collaboratively with the Academic Divisions and other Learning Labs to ensure that cohesive academic support is provided to all students, including remote and online learners. This an on-campus position that will support both on campus and remote services.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Tutoring Centers as assigned and coordinate remote, online and on campus tutoring and academic support services.
- Provide academic coaching and tutoring to help students set realistic goals, develop academic plans and to improve study and classroom habits.
- Prepare informational materials and marketing strategies to promote tutoring services to students and faculty.
- Coordinate the hiring, training and scheduling of part-time tutors and academic support personnel as required.
- Implement procedures and processes to ensure quality support services for on-campus, online and remote learners.
- Provide workshops and develop /distribute materials to support student success.
- Monitor student’s progress and success in tutoring programs and reports results.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management, Academic Affairs, and Advising Services to support retention initiatives.
- Prepare and Submit reports as required.
- Participate in staff meetings and college committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English or related field.
- Two years of full-time experience that includes a combination of both professional tutoring /teaching experience and administration and coordination of services.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully provide tutoring and academic support remotely
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Learning Management Systems, teleconference technology, and Computer Based Course Supplements (i.e. Pearson MyLabs Products).
- Prior experience assessing student learning and reporting outcomes
- Master’s degree in education, English or related field preferred.
- Previous Tutoring/Learning Center management experience.
- Use of tracking software assess center needs.
- Preference given to those with experience working with students at a community college, including those with limited technology use and learning disabilities.
- Bilingual: English/ Spanish
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Office, Office 365 and Outlook; Experience utilizing and navigating a Learning Management System (such as Canvas) is required. Experience with an SIS (Colleague) is strongly preferred. Must be comfortable learning and implementing new and existing technologies.Other Skills and Abilities:
Patience and ability to problem solve are essential
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skill required.
Experience with college student population, non-traditional populations, and tutor program development.Communication Skills:
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.Mathematical Skills:
Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.