OPS Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Maternity and Infant Care (MIC)
Job no: 515081
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: In the State of Florida
Categories: Health Profession
Department:29070400 - MD-OBGYN-MIC
Advertised: 09 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 02 Dec 2020 Eastern Standard Time
OPS HealthcareJob Description:
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Florida, College of Medicine is currently recruiting candidates committed to providing a high standard of patient care to join our team as an OPS Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) on a part-time basis. The APRN provides routine gynecologic and obstetric/maternity and infant care to patients seen at Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology practice locations. In association with providing health care to women, the APRN is involved in teaching nursing, medical, and allied medical personnel. In addition, the APRN will assist in research projects and continuing education programs as needed.
- As a member of a dedicated team, you will provide care in nursing management of obstetrics, gynecology, and well-woman patients within the framework of established protocol and/or physician consultation.
- Perform patient assessments by taking history and physical examinations, order appropriate diagnostic tests, diagnose health problems, and maintain health records.
- Focus on health screening and supervision, wellness and health education and counseling, and treatment of common health problems. In addition, provide health counseling and case management of low risk prenatal and postpartum patients. Initiate referrals, when appropriate to other health professionals and agencies.
- Provide care with the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology practice locations and county health departments in the following counties: Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Gilchrist, Levy, Marion, Suwannee and Union.
Ideal candidates will participate in the evaluation and modification of care when appropriate. Provide emergency treatment as appropriate, based on established protocol. Assist with research in women’s health. Participate in continuing education programs for nursing staff. Contribute in staff meetings. Engage in individual and/or group continuing medical education via library time, chart review, journal club, etc. Provide guidance to medical and nursing students and allied personnel as a teacher and role model. Perform colposcopy examinations of selected patients.Advertised Salary:
$38.00 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Licensed as an advanced registered nurse practitioner in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes with certification/qualification in Women's Health.
Valid Florida Driver's License.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of diagnostic skills to interpret normal/abnormal findings for proper patient care
- Clinical skills, knowledge, and judgment necessary to provide specialty specific care within the scope of practice of the certified nurse as defined by the Advanced Nurse Practice Act
- Ability to work effectively with low-income participants (required)
- Ability to initiate treatment under a physician's supervision or, within the limits of established protocols, make diagnoses, and choose, initiate, and modify selected therapies or treatments
- Ability to perform health assessment via performance of physical examination and history
- Ability to communicate with patients regarding health care, education and counseling
- Ability to develop and present educational lectures
To be considered for this position, you must apply online. Upload most recent version of your resume, or CV, and list three professional references with contact information.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: