Academic Administrative Specialist II
Job no: 515077
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical
Department:13040100 - COTA-THEATRE-CHAIR
Advertised: 09 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Administrative Specialist IIJob Description:
The School of Theatre and Dance in the College of the Arts invites applications for the position of Administrative Specialist II. This position serves as a member of the School’s administrative leadership team, reporting to the School Director and responsible for overseeing the completion of all requirements in the areas of academic scheduling and accreditation reporting, facilities usage, faculty effort reporting and the tenure and promotion process. The Academic Administrative Specialist advises the School Director on the most effective administrative policies and procedures, establishes priorities, deadlines and workflow for the school’s administrative functions in these areas and communicates all decisions and information to the appropriate personnel.
Specific duties include:
- Completing graduate and undergraduate course scheduling and Graduate Teaching Assistant assignments
- Managing faculty committee assignments and overseeing the administrative aspects of the tenure and promotion process
- Coordinating adjunct hiring and on-boarding
- Assisting with the administrative coordinator of summer and academic year programming
- Preparing materials and reports for academic accrediting bodies and college administration
- Coordinating SOTD facilities usage and assisting with health and safety protocols
- Completing academic activity reporting and assisting in the successful certification of effort reports
$61,000 Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of success in promoting an environment that advances access, equity and inclusion.
- Administrative experience at a public research university (in a performing arts area, preferable).
- Academic/curricular administrative and reporting experience at a research or other university or college.
- Theatre production safety protocols experience.
Application Deadline: All application materials must be received by 11:55pm on November 27, 2020.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applications must be submitted via the University of Florida’s online application system. Applications must include the following: (1) a detailed letter of application that explains how you match the particular qualifications of this position; (2) a resume; (3) names and contact information of three professional references. The Search Committee may request additional materials at a later time.
Inquiries may be sent to:
Jeni Lomnick Higgins
RE: Academic Admin Specialist Search
Email: [email protected]
The selected candidate will be required to adhere to a criminal background check.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call +1 (352) 392- 2477or the Florida Relay System at +1 (800) 955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.Health Assessment Required: