Critical Care Paramedic - Pegasus Air & Ground
Job location: PEGASUS MEDICAL TRANSPORT - Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-09
Professional Paramedic with at least 3 years of field experience as Advanced Life Support provider who has critical care credential. They should be able to handle the full gamut of critical care transport including: airway and vent management complicated medication therapies central venous access blood administration interpretation of common lab and diagnostic studies and other advanced skills typically associated with critical care medicine.
- Assesses and treats ill and injured patients in accordance with local and University protocols.
- Responsible for administering advanced life support care to critically ill or injured persons in a safe environment.
- Maintains safety as a primary responsibility throughout all aspects of care and transportation.
- Identifies potential areas for improved care.
- Interfaces effectively with peers and customers and assumes responsibility for professional development of self and others per department policy.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
To be eligible for hire:
- Virginia Department of Health Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic eligible
- American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification
- American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS
- American Heart Association (AHA) PALS
- Unrestricted Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma/Equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 3 years of relevant experience at the advanced life support level required. 5 years and previous inter-facility transport experience preferred
Required within 6 months of hire:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC) Level II or higher
Required within one year of hire:
- TNATC, ATLS Audit or Advanced Trauma Equivalent
- International Board of Specialty Certification Flight Paramedic (FP-C) or Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C)
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping/walking, climbing (ladder, steps) and driving. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull > 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, vibrations, humidity, cold, heat, noise, blood/body fluids, infectious disease and outdoor climate. Maintain weight so as to fit into the seat belts / shoulder harnesses as provided by the aircraft or ambulance manufacture without modification to those safety devices.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.