Contractual Security Officer
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-090
Posting Start Date: 11/9/2020
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: OPTIONAL
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Contractual Security OfficerDescription/Job Summary
Overview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities
A Contractual Security Guard is responsible for the:
1. Guarding buildings, grounds, parking areas on campus
2. Perform watch posts and periodic rounds inside and outside of the college’s facilities.
3. Perform key tours and building checks.
4. Maintain logs for visitors and personnel.
5. Post flags and related duties.
6. Enforce agency rules and regulations.
7. Patrol campuses, reporting suspected crimes, accidents or questionable or suspicious situations and activities.
8. Write detailed reports.
9. Issue College ID’s and assists with basic office functions operating equipment such as telephones and copiers.
10. Send and receive radio communications including serving as a dispatcher as required.
11. Perform parking enforcement and traffic control functions.
12. Answer and reset fire alarms.
13. Provide occasional driving services.Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Security Experience Preferred
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail