HUMAN RESOURCES DATA & REPORTING SPECIALIST,WBUR
HUMAN RESOURCES DATA & REPORTING SPECIALIST,WBURTracking Code1714 Job Description
WBUR is Boston’s NPR news station. Come and join the newly formed Talent & Culture team as we establish a local HR department. The HR Data and Reporting Specialist works to ensure the smooth operation of the WBUR Talent & Culture Team. As an integral part of the Talent & Culture Team, this role acts as data central for the WBUR workforce. The ideal candidate has a love for turning data into user-friendly information that supports business decision-making. The HR Data and Reporting Specialist has a talent for turning cumbersome, paper-based processes into automated, scalable solutions. This role is our resident HRIS and reporting specialist. This role offers the opportunity for HR career growth, with exposure to and direct involvement in core Talent & Culture initiatives and special projects.
- Is responsible for the integrity and completeness of employee data through workflow form initiation and approval.
- Completes front-end position inputs by specified payroll dates.
- In conjunction with the WBUR Business Office, resolves data and payroll issues swiftly and accurately.
- Monitors data transactions for quality, accuracy, and completeness.
- Maintains up-to-date information within our SAP-based system, ensuring accuracy of reporting relationships and organizational hierarchy.
- Works with HRIS to effectively and efficiently resolve data issues.
- Liaises with central Boston University HR as needed.
- Partners with WBUR Business office to ensure necessary steps are completed.
- Automates, creates, and generates critical reports to support Talent & Culture, including headcount, activity, turnover, and other workforce analytics.
- Creates and maintains a regular report distribution schedule.
- Owns and manages regulatory reporting.
- Identifies and communicates trends in data.
- Develops, manages and distributes HR dashboard.
- Develops core HR Processes, documents them and communicates them.
- In reviewing existing processes, proactively seek opportunities to automate manual processes and improve process efficiency & breaks in process documentation.
- Proactively researches and recommends scalable solutions. Recommends technologies including potential technical solutions to longstanding inefficiencies.
- Collaborates with BU HR, WBUR Talent & Culture, and business leadership to ensure quality, consistency, and coordination.
- Partners with WBUR HR and other internal stakeholders to launch station-wide Talent & Culture projects.
- Directs staff to the appropriate HR contact to resolve questions.
- Advises or provides guidance to managers with regard to data and analytics.
- Organizes all HR department records, employment files and ensures records are uploaded and available in the HRIS system.
- Completes general administrative tasks as needed.
- At least three to five years of related work experience
- Experience with HRIS and reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with HR, business and technical teams
- Experience in process improvement
- Proven ability to take ownership and consistently deliver on commitments, with great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solutions focused, with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations
- Proficiency in leading multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- General visual design experience in creating visually pleasing, readable reports and documents
- HR reporting skills and experience, including understanding and use of relational databases (for example, Microsoft Access)
- Experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular