Senior VP Health SciencesDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Office of Research Administration is looking for a coordinator for research administration to work closely with colleagues in a fast-paced environment. This position will offer ample opportunity to learn about the world of research administration in support of faculty who conduct research in the multiple colleges that comprise the University of Arizona Health Sciences. The position will work closely with faculty, research nurses, study teams, and our medical partner, Banner Health, to provide timely and expert support in the administrative start-up and maintenance of clinical research projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports the operations of thedepartment by providing administrative assistance to the Assistant VicePresident and directors.
- Serves as liaison to faculty, staff, and outside agencies concerninginformation or complaints.
- Maintains calendar(s) for assigned staff, regularly prioritizing and arrangingmeetings, conferences and appointments; arranges necessary travel reservationsand itineraries; anticipates and prepares background materials needed.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions fromsupervisor; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Assists the OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) team with emailmanagement, scheduling training, and database entry.
- Composes correspondence replies onown initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure inresponse to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports andinformation to facilitate review by superior and investigating, evaluating andresolving problems within scope of position.
- Types or word processes correspondence,reports or other documents from rough draft or notes; corrects grammar,spelling and punctuation errors; edits wording without changing intendedmessage.
- Opens and reviews all incoming mail;answers inquiries and composes correspondence on own initiative on general andtechnical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forwards otheritems to supervisor or appropriate staff.
- Signs supervisor's name in accordancewith established guidelines.
- Prepares or directs preparation ofminutes, notices, manuals, agendas and correspondence with all supportingdocumentation, requiring application of a specialized knowledge of the assignedfunction.
- Researches, summarizes and analyzesinformation; calculates statistics and compiles data to prepare special andrecurring reports containing specialized or sensitive information followingsupervisor's general direction; selects relevant information from a variety ofsources.
- Maintains and reconciles expensesfor departmental account; monitors expenditures and performs simple analysis onaccounts; prepares both special and recurring reports for supervisor andauthorizes payments within prescribed limits; makes recommendations forpurchases.
- Screens phone calls and visitors,directing to appropriate staff or department when necessary; providesinformation requiring comprehensive knowledge and may interpret departmentpolicy, procedure and operations.
- Prepare online routing in theUAccess Research System.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
*Vocational or technical training, Associate's, or Bachelor's degree preferred. *Standout colleague who supports the team and is able to resolve issues with a positive outcome.*Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment with changing priorities.*Demonstrated ability to work in a manner that is effective and efficient.*Experience with UA systems, specifically UAccess Research, Financials, and Analytics.*Willingness to adjust schedule to work weekend and evening hours when necessary.*Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.*Ability to work effectively in a team environment.*Excellent written and verbal communication skills and significant attention to detail.*Self-motivated, takes initiative, and a strong ability to multi-task multiple projects.*Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively.*Demonstrated customer service.*Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.* Four years directly related experience.*Highly Preferred - Certificate in Secretarial ScienceFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.37 - $23.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Christine Gaul [email protected] // 520-626-1542Open Date:
11/9/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
In addition to the resume and cover letter, please provide 3 references.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.