Coordinator, Academic Center
Coordinator, Academic CenterUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Coordinator, Academic CenterLocation:
International Studies ProgramRecruitment Type:
University Employees OnlyJob Type:
$3,800 - $4,200Job Category :
ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coordinating advising and recruitment activities
- Reviewing and recommending curriculum and catalog updates
- Developing and updating advising and marketing materials
- Coordinating faculty/student panels, information sessions, and guest lecturers.
- Coordinating Fellowship programs; internships; study abroad, and career advising.
- Advising and mentoring student organizations.
- Coordinating scholarship review committee and awards.
- Knowledge of university, college and department policies, degree programs and curriculum, undergraduate/graduate curriculum revisions, factors influencing recruitment and retention of students, entrance criteria of professional schools.
- Understand and interpret department, college and university academic standards, compute GPAs, perform intermediate math, explain degree requirements, policies and procedures, establish rapport with others, create and update materials, train and supervise others.
The Academic Program Coordinator is responsible for providing professional support for the Center for International Studies. The Center for International Studies provides students with a quality interdisciplinary education to prepare them for careers in the private and public sectors. As the only degree granting center at Texas State, the Center for International studies has over 350 students pursuing bachelors, masters, and minors pertaining to International Studies. The Coordinator is responsible for engaging with a diverse student population and assisting with advising, curriculum, assessment, recruiting, and outreach.Job Duties:
•Center budget as regards various pass through scholarships and endowments.
•Collaborating with faculty and academic support offices to ensure progressive and timely advising services, programming, and assistance.
•Coordinating advising and recruitment activities.
•Reviewing and recommending curriculum and catalog updates.
•Developing and updating advising and marketing materials, including website and electronic/social media.
•Coordinating International Academic Exchange Fellowship programs; coordinate internships, study abroad and career advising.
•Coordinating multicultural programming for the Center for International Studies including faculty/student panels, informational sessions, and guest lectures.
•Coordinating scholarship review committee and awards.
•Advising and mentoring student organizations.
•Assist Director with graduate student support
•Assist Director with student career and internship opportunities
•Perform other duties as assigned
11/09/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
11/23/2020Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.