Student: Patient Transporter
Student: Patient TransporterRequisition Number:
3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork Location:
Lexington, KYOn Campus/Off Campus:
On CampusSalary Range:
$10.15/ hour (Pay increase available after probationary period) **$100.00 sign-on bonus; more details provided at interview.**Type of Position:
StudentPosition Time Status :
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to complete and successfully pass CPR or BLS class.
Looking for FT and PT, all shifts; weekend rotations required.
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
Responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient-related items to their destinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Properly and safely transports patients, secures IVs, drainage tubes, etc., and secures patient.
- In accordance with the transportation of patients, uses wheelchairs and other approved rolling stock to carry out the essential duties of the position.
- Demonstrates competency in transporting all specific age groups.
- Ensures the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients to their destination using the proper requested equipment.
- Communicates effectively with nursing personnel, clinicians, technicians or reception and dispatch.
- Ensures the comfort of the patient by being attentive. Offers blankets, checks modesty and only engages in appropriate conversation involving patients. Never transports patients in severe pain.
- Alerts nursing staff immediately to any signs of patient distress or equipment malfunction.
- Maintains equipment and reports equipment needing repairs.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facilities HIPPA policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Service/Quality focused to meet a wide range of needs.
- Able to navigate to/from various locations throughout the
- Problem solver that can think quickly in cases of emergencies
or unusual situations.
- Able to multi-task and work at a fast pace.
- Displays neat, professional appearance with a smile.
- Physical ability to withstand frequent to prolonged walking, standing, pushing, pulling, and transferring patients.
12/09/2020University Community of Inclusion:
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date: