Work Study Community Standards Student Assistant
Job Title: Work Study Community Standards Student Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221873
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
Job Description: The Community Standards Student Assistant/ Intern will support the Office of Community Standards as well as provide backup support for the Division of Student Affairs by assisting with office and desk coverage, greeting and directing all administrative suite patrons, and general office duties. This is a part-time position with a maximum of 19.5 hours per week.
Job Title must:
- Provide assistance to the Coordinator of Student Conduct with the investigation of code of conduct violations.
- Serve as a hearing panel member.
- Assist in follow up, tracking, and general evaluation (with assistance from Coordinator of Student Conduct) of conduct sanctions.
- Schedule all University Hearing Panels and prepare rooms and other materials for conduct hearings.
- Assist with the development and coordination of educational workshops sponsored by the Office of Student Conduct.
- Work with the Coordinator of Student Conduct to develop and coordinate educational outreach programs.
- Support the coordination of training for Residence Life Staff, University Hearing Panel members, and Mediators.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection and training of conduct board members and advisors.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director to provide mediation resources for students, faculty, and staff.
- Conduct research on various topics related to student conduct policies, best practices, and legal trends regarding student conduct issues.
- Attend all training, workshops, and conferences associated with student conduct.
Minimum Requirements: Clayton State University Sophomore student or above, 3.0 GPA. Student must be available to work on Friday’s during the semester.About Us
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.