Part-Time Human Resources/Payroll Assistant
Job Title: Part-Time Human Resources/Payroll Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221823
Job Summary This position will primarily assist with the day-to-day office operations of Human Resources and Payroll (Benefit Reconciliation), In addition this position will assist with handling phone calls, and other incoming paper work.
- The succesful HR/Payroll Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Pay and route incoming invoices, prepare check requests Order supplies
- Schedule Concentra drug screens Complete DOL-800 notices each month
- Answer incoming calls and walk-in inquiries to HR Payroll Reconciliations (once a month)
- Other assigned payroll duties and reports as needed. Ensure professional customer service is given to all customers making payroll inquiriesAssist with researching and resolving issues related to timecards and web clocking accessUpdate employee badge data into PeopleSoft HCMReview and analyze payroll data and reports for accuracy, and resolve discrepancies in OneUSG to ensure accurate posting to payroll
- Assist Human Resources Generalist with monitoring and updating employee leave balances Assist Payroll Manager with monthly reporting requirementsUpdate and verify direct deposit changesAssist Human Resources Generalist with verifying paycheck data for employees that are on leaves of absences
- Prepare and submit journal entries to Accounts payables after each payroll is processed Submit wage withholding orders to the Shared Services Center for processingAssist Human Resources Generalist with benefits reconciliations to include researching data, setting up benefits deductions, and issuing benefits refundsAssist with other duties, as assigned
- Experience working in an administrative/professional environmentStrong data entry skills with demonstrated accuracy. Detail-oriented.Experience using Microsoft Excel.Excellent organizational skills.Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- High standard of professionalism and work ethic. High School Diploma
- Experience working in an administrative/professional environment.
- Strong data entry skills with demonstrated accuracy. Detail-oriented.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills. Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- High standard of professionalism and work ethic.
- High School Diploma
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.Other Information
The position will be based in the Human Resources office of Clayton State University. Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature. Includes sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.