Sr. Pharmacy Technician, UMHC/SCCC, Fort Lauderdale
Job location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-09
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pharmacy Technician.
The Senior Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting pharmacists in providing prescribed medications as needed for adequate patient care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares prescriptions for dispensing by the pharmacist and fills stock replacements.
- Technicians promptly and accurately deliver medications to hospital units/clinics and ensure medication charges are processed.
- When requested, medication orders are accurately and promptly entered and charged in the patient profile and MAR.
- Technicians assist pharmacists in compounding and dispensing medicines of a special nature that are not readily available from the manufacturers under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
- Technicians assist pharmacists in the aseptic preparation of ophthalmic compounds, injectable steroids, antibiotics, and other medications.
- IV solutions are aseptically prepared and labeled in a prompt manner.
- Prescriptions are accurately and efficiently processed for discharge, outpatient clinics and employee patients.
- Prescriptions are promptly read and appropriate information is entered into the computer system to generate accurate prescription labels, profiles, and charges.
- Prescriptionrecords,patientprofiles,completedprescriptionmedications,and stock medicationsare promptly and accurately delivered and filed.
- Distributes and monitors medications in Floor Stock.
- Accurately and efficiently delivers floor stock and individual patient medications and IV’s to and from patient care units/clinics.
- Ensures that Pharmacy requisitions are accurately filled and appropriate stock maintained.
- Departments, clinics, inpatient units and patients are accurately charged and credited for medications used.
- Assists pharmacists in the receipt, checking, pricing, stocking and rotation of all orders from wholesalers and manufacturers and in the organization of outdated or overstocked medications for return to destruction/credit.
- Under direction of pharmacist, removes unneeded or outdated drugs from stock and prepares for return or disposal.
- Performs general clerical duties for the department.
- Maintains a neat, clean dust free, orderly well-stocked and appropriately rotated work area.
- May serve as a team lead or subject matter expert to other employees.
High school Diploma or equivalent.
Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Florida Department of Health
Pharmacy Technician Certificate (Preferred)
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h83