MRI Technologist, UMHC/SCCC
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-09
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami UMHC/SCCC has an exciting opportunity for an MRI Technologist.
The MRI Technologist, perform various diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging procedures under the direction of the radiologist and Chief MR Technologist. Work is conducted at the MR Center in a team environment that includes patient clinical support and other technologists. MR Technologist adheres to ethical standards set forth by the University of Miami and within the department of Imaging Services while protecting patient information.
- Sets up exact imaging area and selects appropriate coil based on information obtained from current exam triage form, attached referring physician order, and patient screening form.
- Follow safety procedures by assessing and evaluating the patient both verbally and by reviewing notes in the UChart-RIS/PACS, in the patient’s pre-screening form. (This allows the technologist to resolve conditions that could prove detrimental to the safety of patients, visitors, and staff to the facility).
- Supervise and control access to the MR facility to ensure that no unaccompanied or unauthorized individuals are allowed to enter the MR environment.
- Completes and/or confirms patient documentation as follows:
Clinical Information sheet is complete. UM MRI Pre-screening Form is reviewed and signed by the Technologist. UM Companion Pre-screening form is reviewed and signed by the Technologist if the patient is accompanied during the exam. Ensure that the appropriate physician order is present before performing exam. If applicable a signed Contrast Consent form. Medication release form is signed if anti-anxiety medication is to be administered, and drug sign out log and consent form are fully completed and signed by the Radiologist. Ensure that the previous reports, prior exams, and all pertinent and relevant information has been sent to the UChart-RIS/PACS, prior to submitting original copies to front desk and a copy of signed pre-screening form, clinical information sheet and any other relevant information such as items (C) and (E) from the above list, to the appropriate radiologist.
- Take direct appropriate action in emergency situations. (Refer to Policy and Procedure Manual).
- Maintains flexibility and assumes all other additional responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor or Chief Technologist.
- Knowledge of full scope of MR techniques and procedures including MR physics as well as the mechanical and electrical equipment used.
- Assists in teaching and evaluation of students.
- Complies with Standard Operating Procedure Manual for MRI Technologist Workflow for ADIC.
- Reports unusual incidents and equipment issues in a timely manner to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Due to the 24/7 nature of the MRI departments and the services we provide, all technologists are required to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation and will be scheduled accordingly at any UHealth imaging location.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Graduate of a Radiologic Technology program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
ARRT registered. ARRT certification in primary modality required within 12 months of hire or American Registry Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARMRIT).
CPR certification required.
One (1) year of relevant experience preferred.
(Will consider new graduates from accredited schools).
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:h86