Preventative Maintenance Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Work Control Manager or designee, the Preventative Maintenance Coordinator works closely with internal departments and external vendors to establish a preventative maintenance program associated with manufacturing processes, instrumentation and equipment/systems. This may include identifying and scheduling Preventative Maintenance requirements for equipment/systems per GMP and industry standards.Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and continuously evaluate an effective preventive maintenance program (including repair, modification and installation of equipment) to improve systems efficiency and ensure optimum performance and equipment life cycle.
- Develop programs and processes regarding the preventive maintenance program and makes long and short-range plans for creating asset inventories, prioritizing work, upgrading systems, replacing mechanical equipment, and making repair/replacement recommendations.
- Formulate solutions that are in line with PM Strategy & Implementation Plan to minimize waste while ensuring facility PM requirements are met.
- Assist in developing and implementing manufacturers recommendations for preventative maintenance strategies
- Establish scheduling procedures for preventative maintenance with work groups
- Recommend and implement changes to work policies and equipment procedures. Establishes and recommends cost effective P/M procedures to maintain and improve equipment/systems specific functionality.
- Generate, review and approve PM management system and associated metrics, (i.e., PM recall system, reports, schedules, etc.)
- Generate and manage work request forms for P/M and other related maintenance on equipment/systems
- Revise and approve PM and related SOPs
- Provide general and SOP specific training to maintenance technicians
- Interface with all departments and levels in the Facilities Maintenance Department regarding P/M issues
- Oversee special projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert for preventive maintenance issues.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities management, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience
- Work on assignments that are extremely complex in nature in which independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations
- Capable of concurrently executing and managing a variety of projects
- Demonstrated excellence in time management, organization, and both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects
- Extensive knowledge of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and building controls in the operation of buildings systems
- Extensive knowledge of preventive maintenance systems and industry standards and the ability to create, implement and evaluate preventive maintenance programs
- Extensive working knowledge of formal work order system and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) software