GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Project Coordinator II will lead small projects or subcomponents of larger, more complex projects. Responsible for independent action on multiple projects as assigned. Tasks vary according to the priorities of the department.
This is a Part-Time 20 hour per week position.Responsibilities
- Lead small projects in collaboration with the Director or designee
- Ensure that new project development is timely, successful, and meets expectations
- Convene and direct project teams to effectively address project requirements according to objectives, schedule and budget
- Participate in new project development and the implementation of project related activities for the department
- Document and maintain current: project development reports, meeting minutes, decisions, progress reports, schedules, budgets, cost tracking reports, and other pertinent records
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Assist senior staff with project specific activities in a timely and efficient manner, develop project plans, compile and analyze data, produce project reports, maintain project plans, and schedule meetings
- Prepare multi-media presentations and reports utilizing a variety of software applications
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel including staff, department heads and external parties
- Participates as a member of project teams
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Recommend alternative courses of action and implement changes when necessary
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience coordinating and planning projects
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills. Utilizes independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with all organizational levels; demonstrated ability to work appropriately with confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database products, and Microsoft Office products.
Under the direction of the Director or designee
May supervise Project Assistants or other administrative support staff
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Usual office environment