Assistant - Athletic Trainer
Assistant - Athletic Trainer
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Certified and licensed athletic trainer monitors all athletic practices and games, so to protect the health and well-being of the athletes. Having a certified and licensed athletic trainer onsite has been proven beneficial in reducing medical liability, thus reducing costs. The athletic trainer is responsible for the emergency care, prevention, assessment, management, treatment and rehabilitation of all injuries sustained by athletes. Also, work with team physicians to maintain NJCAA medical compliance and provide each athlete with a pre-participation physical examination prior to participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Stretching, strengthening, agility, and conditioning of all athletes.
- Conduct pre-participation and post participation physicals.
- Supervise all sports Baseball, Softball, Women's Volleyball, Men's and Women's Soccer, Men's and Women's Basketball, and Cheer and Dance.
- Supervise work study students and supervise and preceptor to CSN athletic training students.
- Monitor and work with staff on infectious disease procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training from an accredited college or university AND 1 years working as a certified athletic trainer OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive healthcare measures.
- Knowledge of principals, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade A
$30,403 - $34,944
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Henderson-Campus/Assistant---Athletic-Trainer_R0122918
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency