Senior Specialist - Career & Transfer Services
Senior Specialist - Career & Transfer Services
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
The purpose of this position is to provide comprehensive employment and career planning services to CSN students and alumni ensuring that they are able to achieve career readiness upon their departure from the institution as well as prepare and provide them with the necessary resources and guidance to transfer to a 4 year-institution. This position provides career exploration to students through administration and interpretation of career assessments, providing labor market information and aids in the development of students' career-related decision-making capabilities. This position provides career coaching, including seminars and workshops on interviewing techniques, resume preparation, use of online job search tools & other job search skills training.
This position assists in creating new employer accounts in the Career Management System, organizing career fairs, workshops and transfer events and ensuring that all job bank postings adhere to State regulations, federal labor laws and department policy. The Senior Specialist of Career & Transfer Services overall will focus on building effective relationships with local & national employers, non-profit, government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities and to promote CSN's qualified students, graduates and alumni as well as assist in the transfer process for students desiring to continue their education within a 4 year institution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Sciences, Counseling or Education from an accredited college or university AND 3 years of experience in Workforce Services, Human Resources or a related field and related experience in administration of employment/training programs, career assessment, employer relationship building, or knowledge of the labor market & local economy OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to comprehend the transfer process and serve as a guide for students when needed.
- Ability to assess and determine effectiveness of events/workshops and other Career & Transfer Service student engagement efforts.
- Ability to interpret career assessments and assist students with career decision making and pathways.
- Ability to coach students on the skills, abilities and required documents needed for a job search (resume, cover letter, etc).
- Knowledge of labor market information and career & occupational resources.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to create and deliver high quality/engaging workshop and classroom presentations.
- Ability to advertise and organize employment events within the business community and assist with employer's recruitments.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment of staff and students.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade C
$48,298 - $55,512
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Senior-Specialist---Career---Transfer-Services_R0122818
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency