Technical Lab Coordinator
Technical Lab Coordinator
Posting Number: 0000834
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Department: Technical Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This Letter of Appointment (LOA) is a temporary, full-time position. Work is assigned on a semester-to-semester basis and is contingent upon sufficient student enrollment, availability of funds, availability of full-time work in the area of responsibility, and/or continuing satisfactory performance.
Systems support technician needed to provide all technical and mechanical services to ensure continuous operations and tidiness of all labs and lab equipment in Technical Divisions. This person will report directly to, and will be supervised by, the Dean of Applied Sciences. This is not an entry level job. The technician must be skillful at troubleshooting and repairing control systems without an expectation of training as a condition to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair:
- Foundation Fieldbus lab
- Wireless Instrumentation lab
- Chromatography lab
- Variable Speed Drive lab
- Motor Control Lab
- DAC lab
- Allen Bradley Control Logix lab
- Discrete transmitters, control valves, transducers, and controllers
Assure all systems are maintained and operable by:
- Performing preventive maintenance
- Identifying broken parts
- Interfacing with industry partners to obtain discount pricing/donations when ordering parts
- Interfacing with industry partners to donate upgrades of systems
This position will coordinate and provide support for the labs offered in the Technical Divisions. Adjunct teaching is allowable with Vice President of Instruction's approval, but must take place outside of regular work hours.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain an Excel database/logbook of work done to meet a goal of 100% uptime for each lab
- Lock down systems/use administrator tools to prevent tampering, reconfiguration, breakage
- Perform student learning assessments by appointment
- Assist Process Technology division pilot plant runs for teaching and gathering data
- Assist Process Technology division lab repairs only as directed by Technical Studies Division Chair
- Perform other duties as assigned
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate degree, preferably in related technology such as Instrumentation, Electrical, Process Technology, etc.
- This position requires extensive and intensive hands-on mechanical skills
- Must have at least ten (10) years of field experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing measurement and controls instrumentation as a systems support tech
- Keen awareness and utilization of safety and safe work practices while maintaining a safe work environment and clean, neat labs
- Ability to develop and propose written policies, procedures, and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform classroom and lab instruction to train faculty and students
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, work independently, take ownership and be assertive while having pride to own the job of keeping all systems in good, continuous operations
- Must be proficient using MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint as ordinary tools
- Bachelor’s degree
- ISA/NICET/DOL certified instrumentation/electrical/analytical instrumentation tech
- Basic AutoCADD or Visio skills
- Understanding of unit operations and petrochemical plant processes
- Technical teaching experience
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Lee College does not provide sponsorship. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of identity and employment eligibility.
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6669
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency