Operations Coordinator, Latino Leadership Institute
The Latino Leadership Institute (LLI) at the University of Denver (DU) advances and elevates Latino leadership in Colorado by operating a transformational Fellowship Program and Alumni Network, establishing and honoring the states Latino Hall of Fame, and cultivating collaboration through community engagement strategies and initiatives. The Institute fosters innovation and civic engagement across issues that impact Colorado's growing Latino community. The LLI is a principal part of DUs Impact 2025 Strategic Plan that strives to collaborate, empower, and lead. As a center of excellence, the Latino Leadership Institute offers neuroscience-based curriculum and data driven research to elevate Latino leadership and enable both private and public organizations to unlock the full potential of an increasingly diverse workforce.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works directly with other members of the leadership team. This is a dynamic position that includes bookkeeping, vendor relations, database management, integration of technology platforms, virtual event planning, communications support, and program support.
- Booking keeping activities, including accounts payable and receivable, preparation of regular financial reports, and maintaining descriptive LLI-specific data.
- Manage vendor relations, including special event vendors, program facilitators, and partner engagement management.
- Maintain all contact management databases and systems.
- Integrate and oversee the effective implementation of all technology platforms and systems, including Slate, Banner, and, Zoom, Google Suite, Canvas, etc.
- Plan and oversee virtual event coordination.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director including, meeting schedules, record keeping, and internal communications.
- Provide additional support to other Institute programming and activities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with bookkeeping, database management, virtual platforms, and social media.
- Evidence of commitment to the Institutes mission
- High School Diploma.
- One year of related office experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. May require evenings and weekends as needed.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, November 16, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $18.00 - $21.00.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.