Specialty Pharmacy Medication Authorization Technician
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-09
Provides pharmacy services in a specialty area under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner. Demonstrates advanced technical skills and ownership for the work area.
- Demonstrates advanced technical skills and ownership for the work area.
- Ability to work independently in work area with little oversight.
- Applies professional knowledge while working in the specialized area of the pharmacy.
- Continually seeks out additional training opportunities and stays abreast of new and changing information for these assigned areas.
- Supports the training of new employees and participates in the creation and maintenance of training materials.
- Fills and delivers medications under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist/licensed independent practitioner.
- Policies and procedures are followed consistently.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for continuous patient care.
- Triages and escalates any questions or issues outside the pharmacy technician scope of practice to the staff pharmacist or supervisor as needed.
- Uses appropriate systems for processing of patient information.
- Ensures quality assurance is maintained according to departmental and legal requirements.
- Operates pharmacy equipment appropriately.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: 12 months of relevant experience required
License/Certification: Commonwealth of Virginia Pharmacy Technician Registration required. CPhT credential through National Healthcareer Association (NHA) or Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull less than 20lbs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.