An NSF-funded multi-investigator collaboration is seeking a software engineer to help develop a standardized format for exchanging computational models among neuroscience, cognitive science and machine learning. The project was recently funded by NSF’s Convergence Accelerator Program and involves Princeton Neuroscience Institute; The University of Texas at Austin; University College London; Yale Computer Science Department; and Intel Labs in collaboration with members of the broader community.
The Software Engineer will be an integral member of the Convergence Accelerator Project team in the Princeton Neuroscience Institute at Princeton University. The team will develop a cross-platform interdisciplinary model to accelerate convergence of software. The Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing a prototype of the core specification and a select set of domain-specific features and functionality identified through community input and prioritized by the Core Team. They will also interact with other research software engineers and experts in the various communities to provide support for applications within the project parameters. The software engineer will attend all focus groups to gain first-hand understanding of user needs and provide technical expertise as part of the prioritization process (e.g.to assess feasibility, timelines of implementation). Involvement can be remote.
This is a 9 month term position with the possibility of renewal contingent upon satisfactory performance and continued funding.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the implementing a prototype of the core specification and a select set of domain-specific features and functionality identified through community input
- Attend focus groups to gain first-hand understanding of user needs
- Provide technical expertise as part of the prioritization process (e.g., to assess feasibility, timelines of implementation)
- Maintain knowledge of current and future software development tools and techniques, programming languages, and computing hardware
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years of experience with Python.
This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeAIT, 020Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo