University Evaluation & Assessment Manager
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-06
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.Job Description Summary
The University Evaluation & Assessment Manager is a member of the Curriculum and Evaluation of Learning and Effectiveness Group (CELEG) and reports directly to the Associate Academic Vice President for Curriculum and Assessment. The University Evaluation & Assessment Manager assists and supports the continued development of evaluation and outcomes assessment at the university. S/he also provides expertise and assistance to the Associate Academic Vice President for Curriculum and Assessment in the development, deployment, and continuous implementation of the institutional assessment of student success and program review plan for institutional effectiveness. The University Evaluation & Assessment Manager is a member of the University Assessment Committee team and has overall responsibility for providing assessment and evaluation support to academic and non-academic units at the university. In addition, the manager assists and coordinates the running of the AEFIS assessment platform for the university. The manager will also assist the AAVP for Curriculum and Assessment in the program review process by providing institutional data reports to units and gathering both quantitative and qualitative data for the program both academic and non-academic to analyze as they write the program’s self-study prior to the team’s on-campus visit. S/he is also the back-up to the IPEDs key holder and helps to prepare reports scheduled throughout the year. This will require attending trainings, coordination and analysis meetings with the University Institutional Research and Data Analytics Manager.Primary Responsibilities
(40%) Management of Assessment Process and AEFIS Platform:
Oversees Day to Day Operations of the assessment of outcomes for both academic and non-academic programs; maintains the assessment platform which includes course evaluation and syllabi repository. This includes training of assessment platform users, enrolling users in the assessment platform, preparing and training faculty and students on the course evaluation process in assessment platform, working with programs to train, establish, and operate their own syllabi repositories in assessment platform. Generating reports from the assessment platform on student success and outcomes evaluation for institutional reports for internal as well as external entities. Facilitates the work of the University Assessment Committee (UAC) in reviewing and mentoring all program and faculty unit assessment efforts and recommends members to serve on this committee; (c) encourages strategic and multi-year assessment planning and performance and prepares for and coordinates annual assessment reviews for the university; provides training and effective assessment resources to the university community, including information and resources contained on the university’s assessment website.
(30%) Management of Program Review and Survey Processes:
1. Provides leadership and expertise in quantitative and qualitative assessment techniques;
2. Assists faculty and program leads in the development and implementation of assessment of program and institutional level outcomes as well as other dimensions of quality as needed for accreditation;
3. Supports programs and university leadership in understanding how to integrate assessment findings in a productive/meaningful way into scholarly, instructional and planning activities;
4. Ensures annual reporting of program assessment results to university and accreditation stakeholders;
5. Under the guidance of the AAVP for Curriculum and Assessment, develops, supports and/or conducts professional development for faculty and staff on assessment related topics;
6. Tracks assessment content for program accreditations and supports university assessment compliance;
7. Works with the dean to provide support for individual program accreditation and assessment as requested by the program chair/lead;
8. Administers the Graduating Student Survey (GSS) and coordinates revisions as needed;
9. Coordinates, promotes and administers all national surveys; coordinates the administration of alumni surveys and shares the results;
10. Reviews, provides feedback and approves campus survey requests as needed and works with the CELEG team to schedule and coordinate all campus surveys; provides support and training for students, faculty and staff on survey research as needed;
11. Under the guidance of the AAVP for Curriculum and Assessment, s/he coordinates and executes norming and calibration groups on institutional outcomes and program-level outcomes.
(30%) Backup to IPEDs Key holder and Institutional Research Support:
This individual will undergo training in IPEDs and serve as the backup to the IPEDs keyholder. During the IPEDs survey administration, this individual will shadow and eventually be able to direct the completion of the survey well within the designated deadlines. Together with the IPEDs keyholder, this individual will contribute to improvement of our IPEDs campus processes.
Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications & ExperienceMinimum qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Four years of experience in an institution of higher education, with at least two years’ experience in higher education assessment highly desired
- Experience or familiarity with regional and national accreditation bodies and program level assessment
- Experience or familiarity with IPEDs reporting
- Experience or familiarity with setting strategic goals, establishing processes to achieve these goals, and periodic assessment of the level of achievement of these goals
- Experience or familiarity with the functioning of college-wide committees in a shared governance environment
- Experience creating and conducting surveys and analyzing survey data is a plus
- Excellent writing abilities, impeccable organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff
- Ability to establish priorities among multiple demands and projects
- Experience or familiarity with website development and web-based content management system
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret complex documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to write reports and instructions providing information or instructions.
Analytical Skills: (a) Must have the ability to write excellent reports and documents; (b) interpret reports, including technical reports, professional
journals, accreditation and government regulations, business correspondence, and procedural manuals and documents; (c) effectively communicate
verbally, make professional presentations in a variety of settings, and appropriately respond to questions (d) provide excellent customer service; (e)
multiple tasks and work well under pressure; (f) apply advanced mathematical concepts and statistical operations such as ANOVA, Crosstabs, T-tests,
Chi-square, and other correlations; (g) learn statistical programming and use a variety of statistical software as needed, such as SPSS, Statistica, and R;
(h) adapt to new assessment systems and programs; (i) work effectively with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software; and (j) define
problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Computer Skills: Strong computer skills in technological support and delivery of assessment and institutional research programs and services; knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems utilized in Assessment, Institutional Research and the university student information system; and, proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point.
* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.
Training & Evaluations: The employee is required to attend all training that is mandated and approved by the supervisor. This position is responsible for macro and micro training in a number of different specialties across the organization.