Data Warehouse Specialist (Database Administrator II)
COM Info Technology ServicesDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
Univerrsity of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Tucson is seeking candidates for a Data Warehouse Specialist position within the Information Technology Services Team (COM-ITS). It is the goal of COM ITS to be seen as a leader in technology at the University and amongst its peer institutions. This position plays a key role in achieving that vision.
The Data Warehouse Specialist will work within the Business Intelligence and Applications Development teams to facilitate database development and administration by providing underlying data and being responsible for the data structures and databases. This position will be primarily involved in developing data warehouse databases ensuring databases and data warehouse properties, which will be widely used in reporting and integration purposes.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will also help in continuous efforts on enhancing reporting time, data integrity, database performance and providing increased functionality in applications.
- Create ETL process, dimensional data modeling and reports as required. Participate in data warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise. Implement gathered knowledge in the COM data warehouse.
- Establish policies, standards, and procedures for securing, gaining access to, and using databases. Develop and maintain technical and non-technical documentation related to the job function.
- Develop and implement a variety of data management structures that enhance teaching, research, learning, and operations at the College of Medicine-Tucson. Work closely with application developers in the design of databases and suggests improvements to the overall performance of applications by optimizing queries. Generate conceptual/logical models, produce physical models and document the process.
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence Specialist to translate reporting specifications to technical specifications that will be used to develop reports in the reporting tool. Participate in building innovative data visualizations and reports to help drive business intelligence and a data driven culture at the College of Medicine-Tucson.
- Establish, implement, and maintain security, backup and data recovery policies, procedures and best practices and standards for on premises and cloud-based databases. Support the infrastructure team in their goal to migrate databases from on-premises to cloud solutions.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.Preferred Qualifications:FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$59,828 - $86,417, DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
10Career Stream and Level:
Database Development & AdminJob Function:
Information TechnologyType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Bhavana Sherchand | [email protected]Open Date:
11/5/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
For the additional document requirement, please include a data warehouse design and implementation sample.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.