IT Support Technician I
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!).
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of IT Support Technician I. In this role the IT Support Technician will respond to issues escalated by the IT contact center and customer service desk and resolve incidents and fulfill service requests. The successful applicant must have strong troubleshooting ability and be knowledgeable in Windows OS and MacOS. Responsibilities will include moving and making additions or changes to hardware or other parts of the IT environment and providing IT support before, during and after on-campus events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support IT related hardware and software residing on the desktop. This includes, but is not limited to phones, computers, wiring, and accessories.
- Responsible for sending Adobe Creative Cloud invitations to Lynn University students and employees.
- Provide initial troubleshooting and diagnosis of printer issues and escalate printer hardware issues to the printer vendor.
- Create, maintain, edit, and validate accurate and thorough documentation of processes and procedures based on responsibilities, and expertise.
- Responsible for imaging both Windows and Mac OS computers using SCCM and Jamf.
- Responsible for locating user devices in Cisco ISE and clearing them according to the network usage policies.
- Use Desktop Authority and Group Policy Objects (GPO) to make bulk changes to computers at logon and logoff.
- Follow the IT department project management guideline to update and complete tasks assigned within Jira Software application.
- Deploy and support thin clients for events and PCI workstations by adding users to AD groups and performing basic troubleshooting for the N-Computing environment.
- Install, move and relocate desk phones, and administer phone applications.
- Follow the IT department guidelines for creating content and perform trainings for IT provided services, applications, and hardware to the Lynn community.
- Support University hosted events with setup and teardown of equipment and provide technical assistance, as needed.
- Two years' experience with audiovisual systems.
- Comp TIA A+
- Windows OS Experience
- Ability to clearly and politely communicate with end-users and technicians on their level through both written and verbal means of communication.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Apple 2019 Service Fundamentals
- Apple Certified iOS Technician - ACiT
- Microsoft Technology Associate - MTA Exam 98-349
- JAMF 100
- Apple Certified Mac Technician - ACMT
- Beyond Trust
- MacOS Deployment Essentials
- MacOS Support Essentials
- AVIXA - CTS - Certified Technology Specialist
- Integrate and Maintain Crestron Systems
- Comp TIA Security +
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free. Lynn Universityhttps://lynnedu.applicantpro.com