Custodian, Department of Facilities and Campus Services
Job location: Reynolda Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-06
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Academics and Residence Halls
- Completes duties not limited to sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping floors; dusting and polishing furniture and woodwork.
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies.
- Empties and cleans waste and recycling receptacles; picks up paper and trash.
- Cleans relight glass, windows and walls.
- Cleans decks, balconies, sidewalks, offices, laundry rooms, and common space areas.
- Sets up, moves, and arranges furniture and equipment.
- Turns out lights and locks doors and windows, as required.
- Maintains cleaning materials clean and presentable. Unloads supplies and maintains custodial closets clean and organized.
- Routinely launders housekeeping materials.
- Performs special projects and cleans other facilities, as assigned.
- Reports all matters of safety to Supervisor.
- Follows all University and departmental policies and procedures.
- Receives direction from the Team Lead, Custodial Services on work direction, cleaning procedures, techniques, cleaning problems, and in the use of new methods and products.
- May volunteer as essential employee as designated in the Facilities Management Severe Weather Policy.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures.
- Ability to read and follow cleaning instructions and schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
- Ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with coworkers and management.
- Ability to understand and interpret terminology related to area of work.
- Ability to understand and follow facilities vision, structure, culture, philosophy, values, and code of ethics.
- Ability to work independently or on a team.
- Physical abilities: Climbing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking either within your respective areas or between areas on campus, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing, pulling, and grasping.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions including hazards.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school graduate plus one year work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.