- Assist Medical providers by processing patients for appointments, which entails taking vital signs, taking a health history. Aiding with in-office procedures. Performing 12 lead EKG, administer nebulization treatments, perform ear lavages, and other tasks. Administering oral and injectable medications as ordered by the provider. Other tasks per request of the provider such as answering patient phone calls, taking messages for providers, calling in prescriptions, assisting in the testing tent, assisting with outside referrals, or other duties to meet center needs. Performing in-house labs which include, but are not limited to Rapid Mono, Strep, HIV, Influenza tests, COVID-PCR Rapid COVID-19 test, and Urinalysis.Maintain the stock of lab supplies. Perform quality assurance testing as directed by the laboratory director to maintain our CLIA certification.
- Clean and stock the exam rooms throughout the day. Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment. Dispose of Medical waste.
- Start and maintain IV access for patients.
- Check AED weekly and complete required inspection log paperwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an accredited program for Medical Assistants or equivalent.
- One year of experience in an ambulatory primary care setting.
- General knowledge of HIPPA, electronic medical record systems, aseptic techniques including bloodborne pathogen precautions, and CPR certified.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for communicating with patients, pharmacies, radiology facilities, and other office staff.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform EKG's, Spirometry, and Nebulization treatments.
- Knowledge of fitting splints and crutches. Experience in cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment.
- Skilled in phlebotomy, knowledge of immunization schedules.
- Experience in an outpatient or primary care clinic. Ability to complete in-house CLIA waived labs.
Organization: Student Affairs Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Jan 5, 2021