Disability Resources Testing Coordinator #605111
The Northern Arizona University Disability Resources (DR) office is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented candidate to coordinate the DR testing center. The DR office leads collaborations with students, faculty, staff, and the campus community to cultivate a universally designed environment, and facilitates the removal of existing barriers for the full inclusion of people with disabilities. This includes providing services and accommodations to the entire campus community. The Testing Coordinator is responsible for management and operation of our testing center where we administer exams to students with accommodations related to testing.
- DR Testing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring access to programs, services, activities and facilities for students with disabilities at Northern Arizona University. The essential job functions are to oversee daily operations and coordinate the Disability Resources testing center (which includes testing using assistive technology).
- Coordinator assists the department in development and implementation of programs and procedures for the delivery of services as well as ongoing assessment of the program. Outreach and consultation with faculty, staff, and departments within the university community will be ongoing.
- Trains, supervises and develops work plans for DR student employee testing staff.
- Stays abreast of legislation and national, state and local issues related to ADA and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act as related to population served.
- Provides information, referral and support to students with disabilities.
- Performs outreach within the greater University Community regarding Disability Resources - its mission, policies and accommodations for students.
- Develops and recommends program goals, objectives, policies and procedures regarding program access and universal design for students with a variety of disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree AND 1-3 years of experience in field pertinent to work unit.
- A combination of related education, experience, and training may be used as an equivalent to the above Minimum Requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe software
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience working in a higher education setting with students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating a testing center program.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of assistive technology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter; ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Learn more and apply at nau.jobs, staff vacancy 605111.
NAU is an AA/EO institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.