Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator, Surgical Technology
Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator, Surgical TechnologyPosition Type:
FacultyStatus of Position:
Tenure Track FacultyUnion:
The Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator of the Surgical Technology Program primary responsibility is planning, developing, coordinating, facilitating and assessing the clinical education component of the ST program with additional teaching responsibilities within the program or a related program. The Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator of the ST program will also participate in other aspects of the program and curriculum development and assessment specific for ARC/STSA Standards.Reporting Relationship:
Direct reporting relationship to the Dean of Allied Health and Emergency servicesEssential Responsibilities:
1. Facilitates the general effectiveness of clinical experiences for students enrolled in the program.
2. Leads Didactic, laboratory, and clinical instruction.
3. Provides guidance for clinical instructors.
4. Pursues ongoing training in the Surgical Technology field.Minimum Qualifications:
1. Three years of operating room scrub role or Surgical Technology Instructor.
2. Current NCCA credential in Surgical Technology(CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA).
3. Proficient in program and curriculum development and assessment (ARC/STSA and CAAHEP Standards).
4. Member of AST
5. Self-motivated, work with minimal supervision, flexible, and work in a team environment.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Google Suite)Preferred Qualifications:
1. Minimum of 5 years in operating room scrub/Surgical Technology Instructor or both.
2. one year of curriculum development and assessment experience specific to ARC/STSA and CAAHEP Standards.Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
Per Union ContractSalary:
Per Union ContractPosting Date:
07/30/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.