Exercise & Sport Science Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-05
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Applications will be reviewed beginning November 30, 2020.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Start Date: Fall (September) 2021
- A doctorate in Exercise Science, Health or related field specializing in Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Health Promotion, or Wellness Management is preferred.
- We seek candidates that support our mission (https://about.byuh.edu/mission.html) and who are committed to strengthening our students both spiritually and intellectually.
- The individual should be completely committed to helping prepare students to serve in their families, communities, and the Church throughout the world, with a particular emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region. Brigham Young University–Hawaii gives preference to candidates whose background and/or experiences echo the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body.
- As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Teach approximately 30 semester credit hours per year over three semesters in some (but not all) of the following subject areas: Exercise Science, Anatomy & Physiology, Health Sciences, Health Promotion, or Wellness Management
- Scholarship, creative endeavor, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected.
- BYU-Hawaii’s primary focus is undergraduate learning and teaching.The individual should be fully committed to student learning (https://clt.byuh.edu/framework-for-learning)
- Rank and salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- Annually renewable contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”)
- Standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package for regular full-time employees.
- A letter of application and current curriculum vitae.
- Once finalists are chosen, three letters of recommendation written specifically for this position. Must include names, addresses, and telephone numbers of individuals making the recommendation.
- Official BYU-Hawaii (https://hr.byuh.edu/employment-opportunities).
- Employment confidential report form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf), submitted to email@example.com, by interviewing officer.
- Official transcript from the institution where last degree was received.
- Optional - A link to a 10 minute (minimum) teaching video posted online.
Associate Academic Vice President - Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.