A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking an exempt Assistant Professor of Periodontics at the St. Louis Dental Center. This position is projected to start in July 2021. The position will report to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinical Education, and Community Partnerships. The Assistant Professor of Periodontics will manage and mentor MOSDOH students to assure the attainment of clinical competency, teach students the fundamentals of periodontics, and assure the provision of high-quality periodontic services to patients.
Major job duties
- Mentoring and evaluating students in periodontic dentistry procedures on patients
- Establish procedures for periodontics, in conjunction with Specialty Care Unit Director
- Communicate with Specialty Care Unit Director as to the educational goals, essential experiences, and competencies for student experiences
- Complete Administrative Reports as directed
- Assure student and patient safety, reporting deficiencies to the Vice Dean of Clinical Education, Operations, and Community Partnerships
- Assure clinical competency for students in periodontics
- Supervise periodontic residents/fellows as needed
- Provide indirect supervision of dental assistant(s) and provide performance review evaluations to the Dental Clinic Manager
- Provide didactic and laboratory instruction to pre-clinical students in Kirksville and D3 and D4 students in St. Louis
- Perform dental procedures on patients as needed
- Track student progress toward attainment of clinical competency and communicate progress and deficiencies on a periodic basis to the Vice Dean of Clinical Operations, Clinic Education, and Community Partnerships
- Participate in calibration activities, to include semi-annual faculty advance
- Participate in ATSU/MOSDOH committee activities
- Potential for intermittent on-call and other outreach activities after hours
- Other duties as assigned
- D.D.S. or D.M.D.
- Specialty Certification in periodontics
- A current Missouri State Dental License is required
- Must be highly skilled in periodontics
- Must be adaptable and be able to work independently
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.