Adjunct Instructor - Fire (non-credit)
Position SummaryWestern Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Instructors are responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered to prepare students for the workplace and/or a pathway to further education. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
Instruction will be primarily in the face-to-face format.Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Deliver courses in multiple modes of delivery including modern classroom (F2F), interactive distance learning (IDL), online or hybrid/blended, and on-site training for external customers where applicable
•Develop and deliver instructional design activities
•Address and refer student concerns
•Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
•Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
3. Classroom Management - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
•Provide input and/or maintain division accreditation and student records
•Integrate the college core abilities as well as the program outcomes and course competencies
4. Program Development and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Responsible for instructional learning activities
•Provide academic referrals as appropriate
•Organize, develop, and deliver outcomes-based curriculum and assess student learning
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.Qualifications
Minimum Educational and Occupational Requirements:
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years (6,000 hrs) of verifiable related occupational experience
- Teaching experience preferred
- Must have NFPA 1001 Standard Firefighter II certification, WTCS Fire Instructor I Certification or completed upon acceptance.
- Valid WI driver's license (CDL Level B preferred)
- Travel is required.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.