Site Supervisor (At Risk Food Service Program)
Posting Date: November 5, 2020 Posting End Date: December 5, 2020
Position: Site Supervisor Location: CAENS/TUCEP
Status: Part-Time: Non-Exempt (2- Positions)
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way,” the ideal Site Supervisor will be able to assist in the daily operations and management of the Legacy Museum and in alignment with the Office of the President.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain efficient organization of site workflow
- Supervise, select and train personnel in food production and service
- Maintain a positive, cooperative, and professional relationships with children and employees at site
- Oversee and follow standardized portion sizes according to USDA requirements; maintain correct meal portion control
- Evaluate meals at point of service; record meals on a meal counting form
- Maintain accurate records of menu production sheets, inventories upon request
- Forecast and communicate food and supply needs
- Attend management/supervisory meetings
- Submit input to administrator regarding food service staff job performance, based on personal observation
- Fulfill other related duties assigned by the Assistant Director and perform all other duties as assigned
- Minimum requirement of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be knowledgeable in USDA,NLSP and SBP rules and regulations
- Must be familiar with health and safety standards, as well as, meal requirements of USDA and the State of Alabama Department of Education Child Nutrition Program
- Must be able to complete routine addition, subtraction multiplication, division and percentages and fraction computation with ease and accuracy
- Must be knowledgeable on meal accountability systems for Federal, State and local regulations regards the At Risk Food Service Program
- Must be efficient in food production, transporting and servicing techniques
- Must be knowledgeable in principles and procedures of food handling and storage
- Must have experience in operating multiple types of food service equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership and work independently with minimal supervision
- Recommended: Current First Aid Card
- Must be familiar with basic word processing
- Must be able to use the internet to access electronic forms
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
Commensurate with education, training and experience
The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered as an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Applications are available at the following link: https://www.tuskegee.edu/Content/Uploads/Tuskegee/files/HR/Fillable-TU-EMPLOYMENT-APPLICATION.pdf.
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of 3 to 5 references with detailed contact information. Copies of unofficial transcripts must also be submitted (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet for consideration of the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Completed applications may be mailed or submitted electronically to:
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected]Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.