Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Professional CounselorCenter for Sport
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The position works with the mental health programs and functions of the Tulane Center for Sport and will assist with the mental health programing for Tulane University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics. The primary responsibility is clinical management. Duties include: patient assessment, treatment planning and coordination, and ongoing program monitoring and development. The position must interface successfully with university resources such as Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine, the Center for Sport Director, Tulane University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics administrators, and other academic departments and entities as needed to address the needs of the student-athlete and their family. The successful candidate must utilize the appropriate tools for communication and data analysis to support patient care, to enhance interoffice and intra-office communications, and to maintain confidentiality and the requirements of HIPAA.Required Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Counseling with current PLPC or LPC license
- One year of clinical experience
- Training and interest in working with multicultural issues and students with diverse identities
- Experience in developing and delivering case management to high profile athletes and their families.
- Experience working with university students in a college counseling setting
- Training and experience working with substance abuse issues, mental health rehabilitation, and complex medical and neurological conditions.